Zakaria Rugs collects, stores, processes, uses, and discloses personal information about you in connection with your usage of the Zakaria Rugs website and connected products.
What type of personal information does Zakaria Rugs Collect?
We may collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identification and Contact information
- Payment information
- Demographic information
- Preferences and interest which you choose to disclose
- Information you submit or post in a public space such as our social media pages
- Information about your purchases online or in stores, e.g. the product you purchased and its price.
The personal information is gathered directly from you, passively (e.g. cookies), or through third parties (e.g. social media). If you choose not to submit any personal information when required by law or requested for the performance of a contract, you will not be able to receive the product or service you have ordered.
How do we use your information?
The information mentioned above can be used to/for:
- Improve our understanding of your interests and concerns regarding our products
- Improve our website, products, and services
- Customize your experience with us
- Tailor marketing activities to fit your needs and interests
- Provide you with out connected services, to process your order, to respond to your questions, and manage your complaints
- Security purposes (protecting our company, customers, employees, website)
- Marketing purposes
- Analytics purposes
- Business records for legal, administrative, and auditing purposes.
Who do we share the information with?
We do not disclose or share your personal information, notwithstanding the following exceptions:
- Purposes of internal audit, internal billing, administrative needs
- Service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf
- Banks and other online payment services companies
- Third parties regarding the restructuring and reorganization of the business
- When required to do so to comply with the law, to respond to a court order, or another request from a competent authority.
Tracking tools and cookies
When you visit Zakaria Rugs, we may send cookies to your computer or device. A cookie is a text file which is stored in a dedicated area of your device’s hard drive, for instance when you visit online service, when you read an email or while installing or using a mobile app. Except for functional or security cookies, the use of cookie on a Device depends on the user’s choice, which can be made and modified freely and at any time. You can manage cookie settings in your browser's cookie management system, often found in the "help" menu.
Transferring your personal information
We may transfer your information to service providers involved in the maintenance of our website or social media or other tool used for processing clients' information. When we transfer your information, we will protect and provide adequate protection for the transfer of your personal information.
Your personal information will not be kept in a form that allows you to be identified for longer than is reasonable necessary for achieving the purposes for which the information was collected, or as it is established in the applicable laws.
You may request access to the personal information we maintain about you. We will then provide you with all the information as required by law on the purposes of the processing, categories of data processed, categories of recipients, data retention term, etc. You may also obtain a copy of any personal information that we hold about you in our records. You may request that we correct, amend, erase any information which is incomplete, out of date, or inaccurate, or provide us with specific instructions on how your personal data should be used processed after your death. You can request the deletion of your personal information if it is no longer necessary for data processing, you have withdrawn your consent on the data processing based exclusively on such consent, you objected to data processing, the personal information processing is unlawful, or the personal information must be erased to comply with legal obligations. You can request the restriction of the processing of your information if the accuracy of the information is contested, if you wish to restrict your personal information rather than deleting it despite the fact that the processing is unlawful, if you wish your personal information to be kept because you need it for your defense in context of legal claims, or if you have objected to the processing but Zakaria Rugs has legitimate grounds for processing the information, overriding your own rights.
Protecting your information
We will protect your information and personal data and make sure that security measures are in place to this end. However, as internet is never completely secure, there is no guarantee that there is always full safety. We encourage our clients to be cautious when using web sites, apps, and social media.
Children and legal capacity
You must be at least 18 years old to provide us with your personal information to engage in a transaction with us. By entering into a transaction with us, you confirm that you are 18 or older and legally capable of entering into a contract.
Changes to this policy
As we want to keep our policies up to date, our policy may change sometimes. We will notify you of any changes as is required by law. Updates will also be posted on our website.